Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sunny Saturday

I cannot believe it! The sun is shining this morning!! This has not happened in forever so forgive me if I sound overly impressed by this fact. :)

Outside my window is all bright yellow sun and green leaves and so I decided to make myself something to match.

There is an awesome frittata that they serve at Good in the West Village. This is a similar (but not really!) version.

What I love about their Country Fritatta is the creamy ricotta cheese and the fresh green of the arugula.

I don't have arugula here but one of my favorite combinations is eggs and asparagus.

So I did that instead. Here we go.

Asparagus Frittata

Ingredients:

1/2 slice of bacon, fried
1 whole egg + 1 egg white
1 tablespoon skim milk
4 asparagus spears
1 tablespoon parmigiano reggiano
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 tablespoon ricotta cheese
1/8 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste




I fried about a half a slice of bacon. I wanted the taste - but nothing too fattening. I used the minimal leftover bacon grease to cook the eggs, adding a quick spritz of vegetable oil cooking spray.

I whisked 1 whole egg + 1 egg white with a splash of skim milk, salt and pepper.



....and added it and left it over medium heat while I threw in the rest.



I tossed in some chopped asparagus.



And then grated some parmigiano reggiano. Pricey - but worth every penny.



This guy's about to meet the freezer. I'll keep it in there till I make pasta sauce. I love to throw the rinds in to season sauce.



But I digress.

Whoops. Here's where I decided I'd like a little chopped vidalia onion so I threw that in too. It would have been better to add it before the eggs actually but it worked out alright.



Then I put it in the oven for 12 min at about 325.



Then I took it out, folded it over (which makes it kind of not a frittata but whatever) and added a tablespoon of ricotta mixed with fresh parsley and seasoned with black pepper.



And then I ate it.



And it was as good as Good.

Well...almost. At Good I don't have to clean up after myself. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment