Sunday, August 9, 2009

Egg Casserole

Happy Sunday!

This morning I made a variation of the Country Frittata from Good restaurant.

Ingredients:

1 package of egg whites
1 whole egg
1 slice of bacon
1 oz shredded extra sharp cheddar
1 tablespoon of chopped onion
salt and pepper


I started with these:



I whisked everything together, added some chopped onion and crumbled the slice of bacon. Then put them in a greased casserole dish (sprayed with cooking spray), with grated cheddar on top and put it in the oven at 375 for 25 minutes.



Here's what it looked like after baking.



I cut it in half and ate it over a bed of spinach with a tablespoon of ricotta.

So yummy.



I ate it while watching Pretty in Pink on DVD. RIP John Hughes. I'm sure they'll be releasing a box set of his 80s films soon. I used to have them all on VHS but Pretty in Pink is the only one I have on DVD. Sad, all around.

Yesterday I was gifted a big bag of small leaf basil. I need to make some sauce tonight - maybe pick up some ravioli too.

I'm debating going to the gym. I've walked a ton the last few days, but am craving more of a workout. We shall see.

Or maybe I'll just say screw it and go to the movies.

That's the beauty of Sunday isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment