Friday, August 28, 2009

Take that Chipotle!

My dinner was so yummy. Not quite like take out - but it definitely did the trick.

I didn't measure at all so here's my best estimations of ingredients. Sorry!

1 package TJ frozen brown rice (I used a third in my bowl)cooked with 1 tbsp chopped scallions
1 package ground chicken (about 3/4 lb - I used about 1/4 for a serving)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
1 tbsp chopped onion
1 jalepeno - chopped
1 can black beans - rinsed
1 can corn - drained
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
1.5 tsp cayenne
2 tbsp TJ's Roasted Garlic Salsa
juice of 1 lime
S + P to taste

Garnish:
1 tbsp light sour cream
1 tsp grated extra sharp cheddar


I put the pot on medium heat. I started with the veggies.




Then browned the chicken. Then added the juice of one lime.



Then added the spices.




Let it simmer and then added the beans and salsa.





Mixed it up with the corn.





Prepared the rice.



Dinner is served!



So much leftover too.

That's all from here tonight. I'm off to Zumba in the morning so I'm going to try and get to bed early. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment