Saturday, September 26, 2009

Stalker

It's Saturday. I'm dressed and ready to go to yoga in about a half hour. I'm trying this class with a different instructor today to see which one I like better. I've definitely decided yoga will be part of my weekend workouts.

And I do enjoy yoga. At this point I like that it's something different for me to do and challenging. It's making me think. I can do Zumba mostly on autopilot and running is as autopilot as you can be. I'm not sure though about the chanting and the more spiritual aspects of it. Maybe I just need to practice more. Maybe that would be good for me.

I was really busy yesterday so I have some stuff to catch up on.

Lunch was spinach with half a roasted chicken breast and the rest of my bruschetta.



Then I went to the 6:25 showing of the film Brief Interviews with Hideous Men. I'm not going to pretend that I knew anything much about David Foster Wallace before. But I know a lot (probably too much) about that guy who plays Jim Halpert.

Who was there too - by the way.

Did I forget to mention that? :)

Overall I really enjoyed the movie. There were some great performances and I found the whole concept of the piece really interesting. Interesting enough to give the novel a read sometime soon. But there is really no use pretending that I was there for any other reason than to...as my friend Andrea put it...breathe the same air as him so I'm not going to even try.

Sometimes my inner 13 year old fangirl likes to go see independant movies directed by tall handsome TV stars. And because she lives in NYC - she can. :)

I walked home and oh! Here's another thing. I tend to look down when I walk. Always have. Not sure if it's because I like to hide or like to be sure I don't trip over my own feet (it absolutely happens - OFTEN) and for the second time in almost as many months I found a $10 bill on the sidewalk.

Sweet!

I mean not even like a quarter or a dollar. TEN DOLLARS. It's kind of like winning a very little lottery.

I used that $10 to buy two slices of pizza. I show you one here but I totally ate another that was fresh mozzarella and tomato.



And it was good.

Pre-yoga breakfast was a whole wheat English with extra sharp cheddar.




Not sure what the rest of today will bring. I might be meeting my mom and her friend later this afternoon. Tonight is a party for my dear friend Maddy's birthday.

Last year at this time I was in a little bit of an emotional state (read: I was a mess) about the (albeit completely expected and absolutely inevitable) end of a relationship and my lot in life. I pretended I was perfectly fine - then went to the San Gennaro Feast and drank wine and then Happy Hour with my friend Diane and drank more wine and then showed up at Maddy's woefully underdressed and incredibly overserved.

I'm gonna try and remedy that this evening. The fact that everyone at that party is still speaking to me speak volumes about what great friends I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment