Saturday, November 7, 2009

Get your greens

Or maybe...reds.

This dinner looks like Christmas.



These were whole tomatoes. I knew it but sort of forgot until I opened the can - so I crushed them - sorta kinda. It was enough to make them saucy.

Started with a quick sautee of garlic and onion.



Added the tomatoes and a little fresh/frozen basil, a splash of wine and a pinch of red and black pepper.



And boiled some spinach tortellini.



I added in a little bit of broccoli too for some veggies. Some grated parmesan on top.



And then a little fresh mozzarella.



I'm fighting a cold I think so I'm going to turn in early. I'm going to work from home on Monday so tomorrow I'm going to head out to LI I think to hang with my sister.

I have not cleaned my apartment.

BUT...I'm the only one who has to deal with the consequences of that.

Sometimes living alone is a very, very good thing.

Sleep well. Catch you in the am.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Krissy....of course the food looks & sounds delish...but I luv the pictures u took near your parents home. : ) Ali is cute. Even though she makes me sneeze. Keep it up K u look gr8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Di!! You're so sweet. Allie is cute and she loves you anyway. And Jen actually took them on her iPhone. I forgot my camera!

    ReplyDelete