Thursday, July 16, 2009

Honey Chicken Two Ways

I deleted the picture of my lunch yesterday!! It was an english muffin pizza w/just mozzarella and ricotta cheese. I can't believe I did that.

Anyway...it was a lazy day for me. I finally got my ass out of the apartment and went to the gym. I ran for about 25 minutes - walked for about 20. I ran for 16 min straight though - which is a new record.

I was going to have leftovers last night but wanted something else. Plus I have Zumba tonight and knew I wasn't going to want to cook. This way I can have my leftover pasta tonight instead.

Plus I had a lonely potato that needed to be used as well. I settled on some chicken tenders.

I breaded some and baked others in BBQ sauce for sandwiches and salads for the rest of the week.



I started with some Honey Dijon - coated the tenders in it.



Then added some breadcrumbs. I used Italian Style Panko (they didn't have plain panko last time I went shopping). It would have been better with plain.



I baked them in the same dish with some tenders coated in Honey BBQ Sauce. Baked for about 35-40 min at 375.



On the side a baked potato. I start it off in the microwave for about 4-6 minutes then place on a sheet of foil sprayed with vegetable spray. I bake it in the oven with the chicken for 35 min or so. I added some light sour cream when I ate it - about 1 tbsp.



And some steamed broccoli.



It's finally back to salads today and when I packed my lunch this morning it looked FANTASTIC!

See you at lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment