Monday, February 13, 2012

Fast forward

So.  It’s been quite a while.  I get that.  I’ve been a little bit busy.  :)

After the wedding it was a lot of moving in and getting settled.  Adjusting to going from a teeny apartment alone to a huge house with 4 other people.

Even if you love the other people to pieces it’s quite an adjustment.

And factor in the fact that I was highly hormonal…well, I hope you can understand why I have been MIA.

But now – I am going on week 2 of maternity leave and the doctor said today the baby is still really high and I’m barely dilated.  So though I could go into labor tonight – he asked me to come back to the office on…Monday.

Monday as in – 4 days after my due date.

I’m getting a tad bored.

Being pregnant, minus the hormonal bit has been a breeze for the most part. I’ve been extremely lucky.    I was queasy but never sick until I picked up a stomach virus about a month ago.  Every test I’ve had (I’m high risk due to my age) has come back with zero issues.  (knock wood)  

I’ve only gained about 20 lbs total.  In fact I lost a pound last week.  

This is amazing given the fact that I could be the Wendy’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich spokesmodel.    Seriously.  I think the drive thru people know me by name.

I exercised (walking mostly – I ran/walked a 5K in August and gave up Zumba completely) up until the end of October.   I had some weird cramps in my right foot and then mid-November I got sciatica. 

It was horrible horrible horrible.   I truly believe labor will be easier.   It was like I had a cramp from my lower back down to mid thigh on the left side.  Then from the knee down I felt like my leg was numb.    It got so bad I was walking with a cane until the middle of January.   Then suddenly it got a bit better.  Now my left knee is achy and I waddle but I think that’s more my huge belly than anything else.

At the advice of my OB I tried a chiropractor to get some sort of relief from the back pain but left still in pain and unimpressed.   I also  started going for a pre-natal massage every week and left still in pain but relaxed.   I figured the relaxed part was well worth it.

I’m still trying to figure out a way to keep that up after the baby is born. :)

My hospital offers a post natal massage while I am there.  You bet your ass I’m taking advantage of that deal. :)

Foodwise (we’ve covered my Wendy’s obsession) I have eaten mostly the same things as always – except I’m off salads completely and should buy stock in Breyer’s Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.   There were months where it was all carbs all the time.  Anything beige was my friend.   It is quite amazing how your palate changes when you are pregnant.

When I found out the baby was a boy I must confess.  I had a tiny pity party as I had always envisioned pink and ribbons and bows.  But he will be my mom’s only grandson, and I’ll get to use my dad’s name as his middle name and all of that seems fitting now.

Also – boys clothes can be just as cute.

Dave’s kids are all very excited.    We’ve had to relocate a child and redecorate a few rooms but everything is 99.9% done now. 

I never thought it would happen but we are pretty much ready.    Dave promised me we would be and I’d be lying if I said I completely believed him but he did everything I wanted done and more.   I love that guy. <3 He’s the bestest ever.

So to catch you up…here are some pics from the last few weeks/months.   I sadly have very few pictures of my big old belly but I’ll share what I do have.

I’ll be blogging here and there as long as I’m not in labor - and then will be back with an update after this little guy gets here.

Oh – first of all, I want the internet to know I finally beat Dave at Words with Friends.   After about 300 games where he kicked my ass I beat him 3 times in a row.  He swears he didn’t let me win.  It was quite the occasion and I am still extremely happy about it.

wwf 

Here’s me a few weeks ago.  Pretty right?   My belly is MUCH bigger today.

belly 1 

The nursery – with the cute lamb mobile Jenny gave me.nursery

The bumper that my mom gave us.   Crib was on sale at Pottery Barn kids.

bumper 

Aaand…here he is as of about 2 weeks ago.  All cozy in there with his hands in front of his face.baby

This is me yesterday.  Yes.  That is my stomach.  It needs its own zip code.belly 2

And that’s all the news for now!!   I hope to be back soon with another update.  

And I’m really sorry that I took so long to come back here but I appreciate anyone who has stuck around while I got my life together.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog while doing a search for "felt lamb mobile". My sister-in-law pinned this same mobile on Pinterest and would love it for her nursery, but I can't find it for sale ANYWHERE online!! Do you happen to know where it came from? If you can help me, please e-mail me at mcrissin@gmail.com. Thank you so much!! And, congratulations on the wedding and the baby!! Motherhood is a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete