Friday, August 17, 2012

In sickness and in health

We’ve passed a milestone this week.  Ryan’s had his first illness – a mild case of the Coxsackie Virus – which as bad as it has been could have been far, far worse.



   
The contagious nature of the illness had us scrambling a bit for child care – because of course – as someone who works from home quite often I actually needed to be in NYC three days this week.    I brought Ryan out to Long Island on Monday so Jen could watch him.

 

She’s the best aunt ever. :)

I know that daycare is a place where Ryan will likely pick up a number of colds and viruses but ironically he got sick after our vacation.   I blame his new ability to sit in a high chair and his penchant for grabbing things like laminated menus for this illness.

Or it might have been the band of tiny Red Sox fans also vacationing at the resort we were at hugging on him at every opportunity.

Ryan’s mood has been happy – he’s such a happy baby in general that this is no surprise but honestly he’s cranky only when he’s hungry or tired.   He doesn’t really have any ‘moods’ yet.   I’m crossing my fingers tightly that he stays this way.


He never stopped eating and has now tried a new food…strawberry and banana yogurt.


 
My big boy is now almost 21 lbs and nearly 6 months old.   Sick or well, cranky or happy, he’s still one of the very best things that’s ever happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment