Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A feast for the eyes

I am sure I am forgetting something here.  I’ve eaten in different cities, different states, in 80 degree temperatures and in places below freezing.

Some of it was great – some of it was so-so. 

Greetings from Club Red in beautiful Boca Raton.  Mom, Jen and Jen’s friend Marge went to visit my Uncle Red and cousin Erin.  We ate at Duffy’s Sports Bar.

(say that with a South Boston accent.  It’s funnier that way).   It’s the official spot of the Florida Panthers.

ss 295I had a very delish Black Bean Buirger and yeah… fries. ss 297 Lunch at the Boca Town Center.  Say hi to my cousin who works at Macy’s if you stop by.ss 298 ss 299 Short Rib and Grilled Cheese with a side salad.ss 300Super cute shoes courtesy of Jessica Simpson.ss 301 See this?  This is me trying to tell you I didn’t make a waiter sit down at our table and ask him to explain to me what “We don’t have any more Pinot Grigio in the place” actually means in a way I can understand by making you think all I had was Diet Coke.ss 302 Mellow Mushroom where your waiter will keep telling you if you order too much you can have the rest at 4:20 in the morning.ss 303 Me thinks he knows a lot about the numbers 4 and 20.ss 306 The Office – not to be confused with where Jim and Pam work.ss 308I don't even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack.ss 307  Uncle Red’s B-Day featuring an old school canned ham.ss 326ss 327Bruschetta is better.ss 328My plate.ss 329Some people like these.ss 330I am not one of those people.

Hotel, motel….Holiday Inn.ss 331A Vanilla Mudslidess 333 And chocolate ice cream.ss 334Jen got sick.  :(   I made dinner.  She ate rice at 11 PM. ss 335 ss 336 ss 337 ss 338 ss 339 ss 340  Back in NJ – and the Muscle Maker Grill.  I ate half the wrap and all the potato.ss 342 Dave wanted Lamb Chops, Brown Rice and Brussel Sproutsss 343 I wanted a Pork Chop, Asparagus, potatoes and creamed corn.ss 344 So I made both.   And I also tried to make my dad’s meatloaf.  It’s not quite there yet – but closer.ss 345 In the NYC - Salad with chicken, made at the cafeteria yesterday.ss 347 A small potato with low fat sour cream, roasted asparagus….ss 282

And a Foreman Grill Burger – with grilled onions and mozzarella on an English Muffin.ss 283 

It’s good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment