Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ellicott City, Maryland

Dave and I went to visit friends in Ellicott City over the weekend.  They used to live right in the center of town but now live in a lovely woodsy retreat miles away.  It was a nice, restful, fun weekend.

I ate (mostly) vegetarian this weekend and walked 4 miles 2 days in a row. 

Still the scale is not my friend and did not budge when I went to M’s today.

BIG HUGE SIGH.

Anyway – the weather was lovely and I love the shops there.

april may 033

april may 024

   This is where I heard Dave enter the store saying “I think she’s in here – it’s very girly” or something to that effect.april may 025 I may have done some damage – wallet-wise.april may 027 To be fair – I bought more presents for other people than presents for myself.april may 028april may 030 april may 029  april may 031 april may 032  april may 034 april may 035 april may 036 I did not buy any Barbies but I’m thinking I should have.april may 037 april may 038 april may 040 april may 041 This goose is not blue.  Just saying. april may 044I love the name of this store.april may 043

Tonight it’s trivia night.  Dave and I are hosting all the ‘gamers’ (for lack of a better word) for a BBQ on Monday.  It’s our real event together and I’m betting he will be happy I made him go to Costco last night instead of this weekend.

I am also admitting to the internet that I had the membership card in my wallet and forgot that fact at check-out.

Anyway – I’m sure that there will be something off in the universe on Monday with so many geeks (I say this without malice – I am geeky myself) in one location but it should be a good time.

Stay tuned for a recap of that. :)

2 comments:

  1. This looks like such a lovely town! I love your shopping bags :) Hope your loot is amazing and you are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All caught up!

    I'm sure you know you can buy white shoes for the wedding and dye them to match the bridemaids' dresses. I know, it seems like kind of a pain; I probably wouldn't do it. But if you really want them to match, that's probably the way to go.

    I'm not surprised that you are missing your Dad a lot. I'd be surprised if you weren't, especially when planning your wedding. I think it's a little bit helpful to recall that he had met Dave and he knew you'd found a great guy and were happy.

    I look forward to seeing a pic of you in the wedding dress at some point! :)

    ReplyDelete