Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Reasons I love Zumba (and…Brunch)

1) I just like to say the word.  It’s fun.

2) I love people who love Zumba.  Believe it or not (Jen) – there are people who love Zumba more than me.  People who wear Zumba clothes to Zumba class and hang out in the front near the instructor.  Now don’t get me wrong – I might be persuaded to buy this top.

zumba  Or these pants (which are less Zumba-y but still look comfy). 

pants But really I just like to stand off to the side and do my thing.

3) You never stop.  It’s one hour where you can’t think because you are too busy trying to keep up. 

4) But most of all – the number one reason I love Zumba is because of stats like this.  1hour and 2 minutes = 705 calories burned.

IMG00001-20110518-0817

I just wish I could take this class 5 days a week!!!

Lots of stuff has gone on since we last spoke.  My mom threw an engagement party for Dave and me.  It was a good time with good friends and family and lots of good gifts.  :)

It’s difficult having parties now (and honestly all this is difficult) without my dad.  Not only do I simply miss him – he was a master at organization when it comes to preparing for a party.   Still – my mom and Jen did the bulk of the hard work and the result was absolutely lovely.

 ss 729  ss 730 We got tons of flowers.   A lot of hydrangeas as those will be our centerpieces at the wedding.  Also – I just love them. ss 732 Jen made homemade muffins (Blueberry Corn) and Bacon & Cheddar Biscuits (in a muffin shape)ss 733 Action shot of the egg and bacon casserole and a lovely fruit tray.ss 734French Toast and Silver Dollar Pancakes and some Chicken Tenders for the kids – except they were eaten mostly by the adults! ss 735  Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit’s BACON!ss 737 And potatoes!ss 738 My plate.ss 739And then there was dessert.  Angel Food Cake, Chocolate Mousse, Strawberry Bavarian, Strawberry Cheesecake, Berries and Cream and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (made by Dave’s mom)ss 741ss 743 ss 742

Looking at all that food is making me think of what I can do today to exercise a little.  It’s ugly and rainy out.  Blech.   Honestly that calorie reading on the heart rate monitor was pretty inspiring.  If I can exercise like that and enjoy it that much there is no reason I should be hanging on to all this weight.

Plus I saw my dress again this weekend.  I really want them to have to take a yard of fabric out of that sucker.

Hope all is well with you and yours.   Be back later.

2 comments:

  1. Looks SO yummy and that is awesome about Zumba! I wish my gym offered that class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocie - I am not a fan of Zumba classes in gyms. The ones I take are pay as you go. A plus for NJ - the classes are $10 compared to $17 in NYC.

    I still love Ben the best though! IMO he's worth the extra 7 bucks. ;)

    ReplyDelete