Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Everything old is new again.....



Moose and me, riding in style.

I can't even be sure that anyone is checking in here at all.     It's funny how sometimes the things that annoy you become the exact things you do yourself.   I know that when I follow a blog I get impatient (and disappointed) when the blogger stops...well, blogging.

Guilty as charged here.

My personal hiatus was about a bunch of things. 

When I started this blog I was a single girl living in NYC.    Once I finally was honest with myself I realized my excuses were just those.    I DID have time.   I COULD eat better if I just chose to.   Once I did - I was able to lose weight.

And meet someone.

Which had the opposite effect!

My life has taken a roller coaster ride in the past four years.  I've lost a parent, gained a husband, child, and 3 teenage stepchildren.   I've moved from a 350 sq ft room in the best city in the world to a 6 bedroom house in the suburbs.    I've lost a job I had for almost a decade and moved on to another.   I have a whole new set of challenges and responsibilities and it's hard to simply function sometimes.  But what I am learning is that as much work as taking on all of this is if I make some time to get organized and more importantly take care of ME and do the things I enjoy the hard days don't seem quite so hard.

“Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful.”
Annette Funicello

Wise words from a woman who shared my love for peanut butter.

Hope some of you are still around for the next phase.     This may include a change of venue so stay tuned!!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment