Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Weekend in New England



Time in New England took me away.

To long rocky beaches, and you by the bay

We started a story, whose end must now wait....



Aaand now you know I secretly love Barry Manilow.   Actually you'd only know that if YOU also secretly love Barry Manilow.   So there's that!

My incredibly generous mother gave Dave and I a weekend away for our anniversary.  We went to the Shelter Harbor Inn.    It's a lovely, homey inn - more than just a bed and breakfast (though breakfast is included).  

The weather was ideal.  Dave and I took a walk to the end of the road till we hit water.







Later in the day we took a drive to Newport where we had the dinner I described below.   I once did a meeting in Newport and it was nice to be back and not be working.







Who brought this guy?







We didn't get a chance this time to check out the mansions.    Dave's ideal vacation spot is somewhere in the mountains.  Way before we met I had envisioned a destination wedding in Newport.   I grew up on Long Island but there is something about New England that feels like home to me.    Dave would argue I don't seem to like the beach much and I admit - I'd much rather lay by a pool but I do love the way the sun sets on water and the sound and smells of the beach.  

We got to relax and just sit and be quiet - something we don't get to do too much and something we should do more of.    I can't wait till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment