Thursday, June 23, 2011

Greetings from (fake) Italy!

 

Hi there everyone!   I know I am super lame with the updates.   Jen has threatened to guest post soon so hopefully you’ll actually see something here more days than you don’t.

I have been in Orlando for work since Monday.   I started my stay at the Grand Floridian.  Yesterday afternoon I moved to the Portofino over by Universal.   I can’t get away from the Casey Anthony trial.  

Disney is great.  I love a lot about it but the culture is sort of…cultish for lack of a better term.   And as hard as I try not to look for hidden Mickey’s I find I cannot help myself.

I’m here with my mom and Jen.  Mom has a business presentation with her trusty sidekick Lauren and my cousin Erin drove up from Boca.   We’re basically loving it by the pool every day.   It’s like 100 degrees in the shade.  We plan to go to Harry Potter World tomorrow (very early – like at 7 am) and then the spa in the afternoon.

Not bad.  Not bad at all.

I went to the gym 2x since I’ve been here.  That’s a pretty big deal. 

We had a terrific dinner at Mama Della’s last night.  The service was great, the food delicious.  The downside was the portions were gigantic and we had no place to take the leftovers.

Erin also thought she saw Kimora Lee Simmons – but that’s another story.

I’ve been lax on the pictures, sadly.   Just wanted to check in and say overall things are good.  This trip came at a perfect time.  I needed a little break from reality and it’s always good to be with my mom and Jen. 

Poor Dave is home alone.  He’s not even with the kids this week.  Just a man and his dog and a backyard full of wildlife.

Hope all is well with all of you.  Next week I’m going to try and get my act together and use this space more frequently.

Thanks for hanging in!

2 comments:

  1. The Grand Floridian is SO gorgeous. I'm so jealous you got to stay there. I hope you had a wonderful trip with your mom and friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you coming hoooooome?

    ReplyDelete