…besides the obvious, of course.
1) This weather. I am ready for fall. I’m ready for long sleeves and jeans. I want to wear my slouchy cowboy boots again and my purple patterned tights. I am not upset it’s gray out. I’m upset that it’s misty and freaking humid as hell.
2) The state of my apartment. I’ve been watching too much A&E, TLC nuttiness regarding hoarding and exterminating. I hate that there is a family of dust bunnies living behind my bed. I can’t figure out how to clean it all without moving all my furniture out but I’m going to try.
3) As soon as I find the motivation that is. I can’t seem to find it in me to do more than one or two things a day. I’ve found I’m ok at loading and unloading the dishwasher, doing laundry and folding it. These things I can do.
4) The 15 lbs I’ve gained. (Yeah I think that’s the right number now.) It’s not tragic. My clothes (for the most part) fit. Even the Vera Wang jeans that I wanted in size 8 but bought in size 10 that have the jacked up stitching on the right leg but are too comfortable and too perfect a wash for me to really care. I know I’m not so far gone it can’t be fixed. I know I just need to exercise more and eat a little bit less. Hopefully my appointment with M on 10/6 will help me get back on track.
5) Getting the mail. I love that I have so many friends who are concerned about me. I hate getting their cards. My birthday was this month. I wish as many people sent me birthday cards as have sent me sympathy cards. Something to think about. I should start sending more birthday cards.
That’s enough for today I think.
I realize I didn’t show you what I made for breakfast and lunch yesterday.
1 egg, 2 whites, bacon, goat cheese, spinach, caramelized onion jam baked together. Half is waiting for breakfast tomorrow. Breakfast today was the last piece of pizza from the small pie Patti and I shared at Patsy’s last night.
Those PopChips were really stale :( but one of my favorite things in the world is tuna on a warm English muffin.
As long as it’s Bumble Bee tuna in the gold can and Hellman’s mayonnaise. If it’s not I won’t eat it.
I brought salad to work with me today. I’m wearing a pretty necklace and cool shoes and a sweater that feels a little too tight. I haven’t done the C25K since Thursday so I MUST do that tomorrow morning. It’s only been 2 days since I last formally exercised and it feels like 15.
Tonight I’m going to make Chicken with the Sauce for dinner. I’m going to try and remember to take pictures and write down a recipe of sorts.
I need to buy basil.
One more thing that bothers me….I have no plants in my apartment. I wish I could grow basil. I’d buy some flowers but my apartment is so messy I don’t want to waste them there now. Plus I’m going to go home this weekend and they’d just wilt before I could really enjoy them.
One thing I am enjoying, iTunes Genius just made me a cool playlist featuring Liz Phair, Regina Spektor, Sara Bareilles, Snow Patrol and Matt Nathanson.
Time to do some work. Webcast at 1 – studio taping at 2 - home and cooking by 5:30 if I am lucky.