Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday, I’m in love

Hello there.  I’m here to confess.  I am a two timer.  I’m cheating on Dave with a guy who lives in Chelsea.

Yeah.  I know.  Most guys in Chelsea are dating each other but it’s true.  This one’s a keeper.

iphone 025

You don’t even know.   Well.  You all know I love Trader Joe’s to an almost unhealthy level but the 14th Street store just kills me.  Half the time everything was out of stock and almost all the time the store was so crowded you could barely move.  My trip this morning was a dream come true.

iphone 026

I sailed through and found nearly everything I was looking for.  They were out of loose onions though – weird.

I came home and restocked the fridge and freezer.   It was bare but now it’s bursting.  

 

iphone 031

I like magnets a little.

Here’s the top of the fridge and then the main part. 

iphone

iphone 042 iphone 033TJ’s Baby Spinach is super cheap and sold in cellophane bags.  I take it out and put it in Ziploc containers wrapped in damp paper towels. iphone 030Dave and I are currently having a little issue.  I like to wrap things in tin foil.  He says he never knows what’s in his fridge or freezer now due to this habit of mine.  iphone 028    I don’t think it’s a deal breaker. :)  Oh look.  Peanut butter chips and vodka!iphone 034 For lunch I used a TJ’s Rustic Ciabatta Flatbread and made a schizophrenic pizza.  Half Barbecue Chicken, Half Mozzarella and Ricotta.  Both sides topped with spinach.

Before:iphone 035  After:

iphone 037

I had two of these.   It looks a little burned – but I used super dark BBQ sauce. iphone 040 

For the rest of the day – I need to clean up my desk….

iphone 036

….clean my apartment and do something with my straw like hair.

Depending on how much I get done I might take a walk.  If not – it’s an off exercise day.  I’m planning C25K tomorrow at the gym in the morning as I run a load of laundry.

I have an incredible ability to multitask.

Happy Friday to all of you.  Hope you have fun plans for the weekend!

Oh and PS:  We’re planning on seeing The Social Network tomorrow.  As a chorus geek I am loving the version of Creep used in the trailer.  I also downloaded the song from the title of this post by Scala and Kolacny Brothers.

First time I heard this song it was 1992 and I was wearing as much black eyeliner as Robert Smith. 

Ahhh.  Those were the days.  It’s a weird video but a cool song.

5 comments:

  1. Trader Joe, Robert Smith, It's hard trying to keep with all these other men in your life

    ReplyDelete
  2. To clarify a) Trader Joe isn't really a person. b) Robert Smith is married to someone else and ummm...wears eyeliner.

    I don't think you've got anything to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to get something at that 14th St TJ once, but the checkout line wrapped around the store. Ridix. Makes me appreciate our wide open groceries here. Congrats on the new Chelsea location. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shan - It was a happy day indeed.

    I tolerated that 14th St store only because it was the only show in town. I used to get there before the store opened so that I could get to the dairy case without having to elbow my way through. The Chelsea store is a joy - the only downside is that it doesn't have a wine shop next door. Maybe one day we'll be able to buy wine and groceries together like you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I am laughing at Dave's comment. I love that Trader Joe's and Whole Foods are right across from each other and just down the road from me. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete