Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Scarlett O’Hara Syndrome

scarlett2

Hi, I’m Krissy and I suffer from Scarlett O’Hara Syndrome.   I wear hoop dresses made out of curtains, super tight corsets and go around saying “Fiddle dee dee” when someone tells me to do something I don’t want to do.   I steal other people’s boyfriends and marry them immediately – including one that belonged to my sister.

Like Prissy – I don’t know nothin’ ‘bout birthing no babies and could not stomach working at a hospital in wartime.

It’s quite the affliction.

Actually Scarlett and I do have a lot in common - one thing in particular.  We both put off till tomorrow what we don’t want to deal with today.

I’ve been doing that for months now in regards to my weight loss and even at work.  I get things done and haven’t gone far off the tracks but it’s no way to live.  As much as I’m prone to do it – procrastinating completely stresses me out.

How do I procrastinate?  Let me count the ways.

1) My glasses from…2006 got too loose to wear about a year or so ago.   Instead of going to Lens Crafters and having them adjust them I wore some old pairs I had lying around.  After my mom and Jen both told me to never wear the gold wire rim Brooks Brothers pair out of the house again I settled on a different pair that I probably got in 2003 or 4.  When I had my eye exam last year they asked me to read the chart with my glasses.  Apparently that prescription is a little off because I couldn’t read the teeny tiny letters on the bottom.   I finally got new glasses yesterday – as well as getting the 2006 glasses tightened so I can wear them.  Now I will have 2 functional fashionable pairs.

I got a cute pair of tortoise shell Ray Bans with a bit of light blue on the inside.  The interior color is a light blue and the outside is a little lighter tortoise.  This is the closest I can find to what I bought.

RX51842012-490x230

I realllllllllllly wanted this pretty dark blue pair from Tory Burch but my newly fixed pair are red and I wanted something more neutral.  I also wanted something that said - “I wear GLASSES.”

TY1004122

Jen will know what I mean by that.

2) I went to the gym a few weeks ago and they stopped me on my way out and told me my membership expires on 2/22.  I couldn’t afford to pay for the renewal till this week so instead of just going and saying “Yeah I’ll catch you on the 15th” if they asked - I AVOIDED GOING ALTOGETHER.   Why?  Because I’m a scaredy cat who thinks that they somehow won’t let me use a treadmill till I pay up.  This morning I not only renewed – I ran – for 20 minutes straight – ending up with about 2.5 miles total.

3) My last haircut was before a wedding I went to in October.  I’ve keep up with the color but not the cut.  I am trying to grow my hair out but really?  When you wear ponytails for 4 weeks straight maybe that’s a sign you should get a haircut.   I finally took care of it at lunch today.  It took all of 40 minutes.

This morning I took a little extra time.  I straightened up and took out all the trash – including the recycling.   I filled the dishwasher and ran it.  I packed breakfast* and lunch for today AND tomorrow as I am going to be in the office and not working from home.   I got dressed in something besides jeans (a skirt even – with high boots!!)  and headed to the office like a real working person.

Sometimes it’s good to deal with tomorrow today. :)

* I opted in for an offer from MyBlogSpark,General Mills and Multigrain Cheerios.  More on that, how it ties into my Biggest Loser obsession and how you can win a prize pack in tomorrow’s post.

1 comment: