Thursday, February 3, 2011

What is it about….

reality shows?   I’ve got a problem.  I watch way too many.  This morning I made Dave watch Restaurant Impossible which basically showed a restaurant and an episode of Hoarders combined.

It’s getting bad out there.

I have learned a valuable lesson in the past week or so.

Chipotle peppers are hot.

This shouldn’t be a surprise I know but Bobby Flay always talks about them just being smoky.   I’ve used them twice – once in making enchiladas and last night making chili and they really pack quite a punch.

 ss 108 Red wine cooled it down quite nicely. ss 115My chili recipe was pretty basic.  I browned some turkey with onion and garlic, added 1 red bell pepper, 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained) a can of diced tomatoes with chili peppers, 2 chipotle peppers (diced), a cup of frozen corn, some chili powder and cumin, S&P a few tablespoons of tomato paste and a whole lotta water.

And once again a meal I made caused my boyfriend to pass out cold at like 8:30.

This morning I made egg sandwiches.ss 116  And coffee for Dave.ss 130I am going to go to the gym today at lunchtime.  It’s time people. 

I’m also embarking on a little task I promised to do for Carrie’s wedding.  I’m addressing all her invitation envelopes – taking breaks so as not to get a cramp in my hand. :)ss 136

I’ll be back at some point tomorrow.  Tonight is trivia. I need to redeem myself.  We haven’t won in a while. :(  I also need to just get a chicken sandwich and stop trying to eat super healthy while I am there.   I always end up disappointed when I do that.

Over the weekend I’ll be making some Super Bowl food for Sunday and will post some pics and recipes.  Pretty standard but also pretty yummy.

I honestly don’t care who wins the game though.  I really like cheddar cheese so maybe I should root for Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment