Monday, January 17, 2011

Almost all before – no after

My apartment smells out of control.

I can’t tell you what I’m making because Dave reads this and I told him dinner is a surprise but you will see tomorrow the deliciousness that is what I’m making right now.

I am definitely out of blogging practice my friends.

This weekend – I took pictures.  I took a lot of pictures.  But I always stopped taking pictures at the most pivotal point.  You’ll see what I mean in a bit.

Friday night Dave and I went to the opera.  Yeah.  That’s how we roll.

We went to the Met and saw Tosca.  

Weekend 036 Weekend 004

We went to dinner first at Vince and Eddie’s which I found completely charming.   I cannot wait to go back.

We split a salad – the picture came out blurry.  :(

I had the tilapia.

 Weekend 002

Dave had the Seafood Fra Diablo.Weekend 003

The next morning I made delicious breakfast sandwiches with the following ingredients.

Homemade bread.Weekend 014 Cheddar that I got in my Hickory Farms box from the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program.Weekend 016 Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit’s BACON!Weekend 017 And eggs.Weekend 018Weekend 020 And a spread of this good stuff.Weekend 019 What you will not see is the finished sandwich as I neglected to take a picture.

I also made potatoes.  I do have a picture of them.  Well.  The leftovers anyway.

Weekend 021

Then we went out and walked a lot.

I mean….A LOT.

Weekend 027

We walked to the Whitney Museum to see the Edward Hopper Exhibit.   You probably know this painting – which wasn’t actually part of the exhibit.  Here’s a link to one that we saw.

Half way there we stopped for lunch.

Weekend 006I had a Diet Coke.Weekend 005 

I also did not have a burger.  I had a baked potato with broccoli and cheese. 

I did not take a picture of that or of Dave’s salad.

After the museum we went to see The King’s Speech which was awesome.

Question:  Do you think Dave looks like Colin Firth?

me and davecolinfirth 

Then we went for pizza.

This is all I have for you from dinner.

Weekend 007Then I took Dave to Rolf’s for a drink because the Christmas decorations are not to be believed.

No.

Really.

Weekend 012 Weekend 009 Weekend 010 Weekend 011 

And that is just a minor sampling.

The next day I made French Toast for breakfast.    Weekend 022 Weekend 023 Weekend 024Weekend 025

That’s as good as it’s gonna get.

We met my mom and Jen for brunch at a place I’m going to go with the girls so I will save my thoughts on that for a later time.

And also because I didn’t take any pictures.

And that brings you up to speed.  We were all feeling a little blue because the best baby dog that ever was is no longer here but just like everything else this past year we’re taking a deep breath and going forward.

It’s the only thing you can really do.

Be back tomorrow with something scrumptious.

No comments:

Post a Comment