Thursday, January 6, 2011

Preemptive Attack

As you might be aware Dave and I go to trivia on Thursday nights.

We go here.

I almost always get the same thing – a BBQ Cheddar Turkey Burger.  It’s difficult to get a good turkey burger out.  It’s usually frozen and pretty much flavorless.  The BBQ sauce is delish and it’s a fresh turkey burger.  Plus it comes with pickles and onion strings on top.

Nothing wrong with that.

I also always get fries with the burger – hence the extra baggage I’m carting around lately.

SO.

In an effort to keep myself from desperately wanting one tonight – I made some for Dave and I for dinner last night.

We made a trip to Trader Joe’s.  My Fitness Pal on my iPhone lists calorie counts for Trader Joe’s stuff.  The total calorie count for this meal is a little over 500 calories – INCLUDING a tiny glass of white wine.

I sprayed a grill pan with Pam and a drizzle of olive oil.  I seared one side of the burgers then added onions and red bell peppers.  The burgers are seasoned with pepper and garlic powder.  I deglazed the pan with some soy sauce.

January 102Served with baby spinach on a low fat English muffin with TJ’s potato wedges (1 serving = 120 calories).January 103 

Truth be told it was way better than the burger I usually get at the restaurant.  Soy sauce is the key. 

Let’s see how my willpower stands up to the challenge tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment