Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I’ve always been scared of Taco Bell

I don’t know about you – but when a restaurant (and I use that term loosely) has to say “Yes.  That’s really beef” you may want to try another establishment.

Just saying.

I don’t have a lot to report.  I’m going to do a restaurant review about Buddakan soon (it was delish) but other than that I haven’t done much since I returned from Cancun.

It’s about 7:30 PM and I’m yawning already.

I was on vacation still yesterday.  I worked from home today.  I was planning to go to the office tomorrow but they say the weather is going to be bad (AGAIN). 

I made this for dinner last night.   ELR also had this featured a bit ago and I cannot tell you the difference the pepperoni makes. 

I modified this a bit as well.  I used panko and cornmeal instead of panko and flour.  I baked the chicken instead of frying.  I had these itty bitty mini pepperoni leftover from a pepperoni pizza craving a while back.

I don’t know about this being a great snack – but it worked for me.  Hormel_PepperoniThe small bites of pepperoni tasted like spicy meat sprinkles on a saucy chicken sundae..

OK.  Wow.  That’s the worst description ever. 

But so freaking good.  I served mine with racquet pasta.

Today I met Dave for lunch at the place we went on our fourth date.  He thought it was our second but he was mistaken.  I had the ginger chicken wontons and he had vegetarian chili.  We also split a bowl of chicken tortilla soup because we are adorable.

No real exercise today.  I was reading old blog entries and I used to work out before I did ANYTHING.  I know that once I get back to that I’ll get back to the old (new) me. 

Soon enough.

Since I don’t feel like I have much to say – I’ll leave you with some things I’m loving these days.

Knee Socks.knee-socks I’ve bought ones with flowers, hearts, argyle and brown with copper glitter stripes.  In high school I used to do my best to achieve a perfect balance of having them sit not at my knee but not near my ankle lest a nun or twenty drag me to the Dean’s office.  Now they’re just the thing for keeping me warm in this weather.

Another storm tomorrow.  Really???

My nook.  This one brings me such shame. You see I love books.  So much so that I have them in various corners of my apartment.  My room at my mom’s consists of a wall of book cases.  I love the smell of libraries or bookstores.  I feel like it’s a sin that you can get the complete works of William Shakespeare for $1.99.nook-color

But at the same time I can’t put this thing down.

My JPK Paris bucket bag in purple.JPK

This is a comfortable bag to carry.  It fits perfectly on your shoulder.  It has a pretty paisley lining.  It’s a little difficult to find something at a moment’s notice but I kind of want one in every color.

So far – I have one in tan and one in purple.

It’s nearly February so it’s time for Dove Dark Chocolate Hearts.Dove_Hearts_Dark_Chocolate If only these came filled with peanut butter – I’d be a happy camper.

I wouldn’t be happy with my waistline – but that’s beside the point.

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, I remember it well.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to suggest that you have an addition tag that is labelled, pictures of my feet.

    ReplyDelete