Sunday, July 4, 2010

A 4th of an update :)



Lots of good food (and good times) since we last spoke. I spent the bulk of the week in NJ...and now I'm headed to LI for "pool day" with my sis. I love 4 day weekends!!

First there was bar food at trivia on Wednesday. We lost. :(




My favorite pretzels.



I had a BBQ Cheddar Turkey burger and 3/4 of those fries.



Dave had a buffalo style burger (if I recall correctly) and broccoli. So healthy!



Aaaaand dessert. This cake was outrageous. Worth the cargo space as an old friend once said.



Then there were bagels and egg sandwiches on Friday morning, and delicious seafood for lunch, movie popcorn for a snack (we saw Grown Ups - not terrible - not great)and Dairy Queen for dessert. I love Dairy Queen. We don't have them here in the big city.




We went to lunch at Codmother's in Denville.

Delish Diet Root Beer.



I had a cup of clam chowder.



Dave had gumbo.


I had shrimp and scallops over linguine.



Dave had a crabcake sandwich.




I like ice cream a whole lot. It tastes good when days are hot.
On a cone or in a dish, this would be my only wish. Vanilla, Chocolate or Rocky Road. Even with pie, a la mode.





I had a peanut butter and bacon sandwich on an EM for breakfast yesterday then a turkey, hummus and cheddar on a sandwich thin for lunch with a yummy pickle.





I forget home much I really like your basic Ovengold turkey.

Dinner was wings, mozzarella wedges and pizza + some movie popcorn. We went to John's Pizza after seeing the King Tut exhibit.




That's quite the ceiling for a pizza place huh?

I had one wing and a half a mozzarella wedge.



One slice with onion and peppers and split a half a pepperoni slice with Dave.



and then MORE movie popcorn when we went to see The Last Airbender with the kids.

Breakfast this morning was half an onion bagel with cheddar.



I was going to try the Zumba class at my gym but I forgot it was actually July 4th today and the gym isn't open. I'm headed to the river to run or to walk - whatever I can stand for as long as I can stand it before catching the 12:25 train out to the island.

See you later!! Happy 4th everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, so does Dave have kids?

    Ewww on the Dairy Queen - it's not even real ice cream. But I confess that since it's drive-thru and easy, I have fallen prey to its charms before myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Yes he does. ;)

    I think Dairy Queen for me is like Chik-fil-A and In & Out Burger. I think I love it so because I cannot HAVE it here you know???

    ReplyDelete