Thursday, July 1, 2010

Eating Light

I sort of remember what that's like.

Last night it was salad for dinner.

There was butter involved though...not gonna lie.

I roasted aspargus and tomatoes...





and caramelized some onions (butter #1)...



and seared some chicken....




and put it all on top of baby spinach with crumbled goat cheese.




And it was delicious.

We also had potatoes on the side (butter #2).



What to do:

Wash and cube potatoes - I used 5 smallish ones and we had about half left over.

put in a microwave safe bowl with salt and pepper and nuke for about 6 min.

Then pour onto a sheet of aluminum foil with about 1/4 cup chopped onion and a tablespoon and a half of butter, salt and pepper.

Roast in the oven on 375 for about 35 minutes. Also works on the grill.


Plus I had a slice of Carvel cake for dessert. :)

Today I had to work in our NJ office. I was up way too early but at least wasn't too far away. That was nice.

I had peanut butter on a bagel thin (which was very good). No picture. Sorry.

Lunch was at Cafe Metro in Denville.



Hi. I'm secretly five.




We both started with the Cream of Tomato with Rice. I'm not usually a soup in the summer person but it's not too hot today. The only thing that would have made this better was some crumbled goat cheese.



I had the Chicken Philly Cheesesteak. It was good, even though I had to pick out the mushrooms.



Dave had an open faced tuna sandwich.




And then we discussed how the only tuna sandwich I will eat is made with these two things.

Therefore I never order tuna when dining out

I am now officially ready for July 4th weekend. Back with more food tales at some point before Monday I am sure. Have a terrific holiday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice day! Hi Dave! Those potatoes look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was!!! He says hi back! The potatoes are so yummy. You should try them.

    ReplyDelete