Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Rest of the Weekend

Jen and I had two perfect pool days - one on July 4th with the lovely Diane and 1 on the 5th with just us and the parents.

There was a pool and good reads.





There were burgers and dogs.





And chips.



WARNING. DO NOT EVER PUT A CAPE COD BRAND SOUR CREAM AND ONION CHIP IN YOUR MOUTH. IT WILL BE OVER!!!!

They are not even pictured here btw. They are that dangerous.

And wine.



(and wine...and wine...)

For 4th of July dinner I made BBQ chicken and Jen made salad and potatoes and onion on the grill. The pics aren't that good. :(




It tasted delish though if I do say so myself.

Last night I made dinner with the help of Jen and my dad. Jen roasted some grape tomatoes, my dad grilled some chicken. I added the garlic and butter to the asparagus and tossed some shrimp and the rest of the ingredients with the pasta, a little white wine and garlic and olive oil. Plus fresh basil and parsley from Jen's garden.





I'm going to have some leftovers tomorrow for lunch I think.

And then there were brownie sundaes.



Please note the brownies were made by me and Jen at around 8 PM on Sunday night after a vat of Pinot Grigio and the decision to watch Hot Tub Time Machine On Demand.

Yes. You heard me right. I believe the phrase I uttered was "Yeah. I'm drunk enough to watch this."

Classy.



Breakfast was a PB sandwich on whole wheat shared with Allie.

And here's my lunch from today, turkey, cheddar, spinach, and honey mustard with a pickle.



Dave is coming by after work and we're going to try our trivia skills at a bar here in NYC.

Wish us luck!!

I've got a 3 day week. On Friday I head out to Shelter Island with the City Girls for a weekend in LI Wine Country.

There will be stories for sure.

2 comments:

  1. That all looks so delicious. Glad you had a nice time! Good luck with the trivia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of that food looks amazing. And I adore that you were drunk enough to watch that movie. LOL.

    ReplyDelete