Monday, July 19, 2010

PA/NJ

I've been to two states this weekend and I ate in both of them.

That's the one constant with me. You know there will be food. :)

I was at Penn State on Saturday or wait. Make that "The Pennsylvania State University".



I went to St. John's back before they even had dorms and after they had a great basketball team. It was very cool to see a real college (read: not a commuter school - St. John's is a fine college) with a real town (read: not Jamaica, Queens)and a real football team (read: Not that poor excuse we had with half filled stands at Homecoming).

Sometimes I'm really sad that I didn't get to experience that.

Other times I realize that I probably wouldn't be an event planner had I not gone there so...everything seems to work out the way it's supposed to in the end I think.

I ate an ice cream the size of my head. It was Peanut Butter Chocolate and rivals my favorite from Haagen Dazs but was not quite as amazing as the kind I had last weekend on Shelter Island. I don't know if I told you about that. It was soooo good. It was basically what you see here plus huge chocolate chips.

I mean....



We had Sun Chips + Diet Coke as an appetizer. Well - that was until the wind blew away the last few handfuls I had put out on a napkin. I think someone was trying to tell me to step away from the snack food.



We ate at Cracker Barrel on the way home. I had a grilled chicken salad with yummy fat free Honey Dijon dressing + a baked potato - which I also put the dressing on. It was really good, but I would rather have had fried chicken or something. I had to counterbalance the ice cream though.





And 1.5 biscuits with butter. Those biscuits are pretty sensational.



I have never eaten at a Cracker Barrel when I am not on my way to/from somewhere. Do other people go there when they are not driving a long distance? I wonder...

Sunday I had a chocolate croissant (+ 2 bites of a plain) and strawberries and pineapple for breakfast. The croissants were insanely good.





Then I went shopping, bought new running shoes, some shorts and tops at Old Navy, a skirt and sweater at Ann Taylor Loft and then ate some Auntie Anne's pretzel nuggets.

Then we went to Trader Joe's. Oh I've missed you, Joe. We haven't hung out in a while.

85% of the items in my cart contained some sort of chocolate. Is that normal?

Then we had lunch. We started splitting a shrimp roll (delicious).



It had mint inside and was pretty fantastic. Also the peanut dipping sauce was to die for.

As well has Spicy Basil Shrimp. I had a lot left over. It was pretty spicy. Dave ate it for dinner.



Dave had Pho with brisket I believe and lots of hot sauce in it.



Then I drank some wine for dinner and kind of passed out. Errr I mean I ate peanut butter on a sandwich thin before I fell asleep. :)

It was kind of a combination of both things actually.

Meanwhile - back in NYC, this morning I had an EM with cheddar.



Lunch will be more salad + shrimp. Tonight my Food Writing class is going out for dinner to learn how to write restaurant reviews.

Stay tuned. :)

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment