Monday, August 2, 2010

Jam packed weekend



(Above is some cool chalk art in Union Square)

Goodness. A lot happened this weekend. A lot of food, a lot of wine, a lot of walking. All good stuff.

Friday night, after a slight delay, Andrea arrived in NYC. We went to L'Express and split the following over a couple of glasses of Pinot Grigio.

Warm goat cheese salad with chicken paillard.



Profiteroles.



Then on Saturday I made more of those little egg muffin-y things that I made for my Pillsbury party and we ate them when we first got up. Still yummy. Must make more often.



At 1 PM we met the girls for brunch at Philip Marie.




We walked there from my apartment and got there a bit early. While we waited I ordered a screwdriver and A had some strawberry sangria.



I had a BLT with a twist - bacon, lettuce and fried green tomatoes. It was sooooo good.



And maybe a mimosa or two...



We walked up a storm - to brunch - to Times Square - to the box office of the Broadway Theatre to buy tickets to Promises, Promises.



Adorable and well worth the ransom they make you pay to see a Broadway show.

We got there to buy tickets right after the matinee got out and saw Tony Goldwyn, Sean Hayes and Kristin Chenowith come out to sign autographs.

She is the tiniest thing I've ever seen.

Saturday dinner was homemade pizza, ricotta, fresh mozzarella and orange and yellow bell pepper. We opted not to go out for dinner again to offset the cost of the tickets.



Good choice. :)

Sunday I almost killed Andrea by bringing her to Zumba. :) Then we came home, snacked and showered and walked to Otto for a drink (a glass of Vermentino for moi)...






...and 8th St Wine Cellar for more drinks and small plates.







I told the bartender I dream about the figs and bacon.

And I do.

btw: 8th Street has a really great happy hour from 4-7. $18 bottles of wine and $4 sangria. We had the Vermentino (continuing my theme from Otto). Just another reason it's one of my most favorite places on earth.

We also had the Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart.




Delish.


I'm tired, achy and looking forward to the return of Monday date night as now that my class is over my Mondays are free. I got a coupon for Philip Marie via email this weekend coincidentally so Dave and I are headed there this evening.

See you later!

2 comments:

  1. That all looks very yummy, and I'm so jealous that you got to see Sean Hayes and Kristen Chenoweth. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very yummy and they were great! I highly recommend the show.

    ReplyDelete