Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fashion Victim

So yesterday I mentioned I'm not sure I'm a runner.

But I am sure I need running shoes.

No seriously. I do.

I think the last pair I bought was a pair at DSW while I was away for work outside of Chicago.

About 2 years ago.

I think they cost about $30 and were on that clearance rack in the back.

You know the one I'm talking about.

The ones I wear now are Saucony and are gray cross trainers (I think). I also have an ancient pair of Nikes.

Both fit me pretty well but they're old and I don't think that's a good thing now that I'm in the gym about 5x a week.

One of the wonderful benefits of working for a large company are things like these Well-Being Rewards they offered to us last year. You log in things you do that are healthy and get a certain number of points (like the exercise you do in a month (you can bank up to 5 hours), getting a physical, doing an online Health Assessment) and you can turn those points into gift cards.

So I got a $50 one to use towards new running shoes.



Does any one have any recommendations? I basically need a shoe that can take me from brisk walking to jogging.

And ones that don't look like those awful all white K-Swiss ones I once bought that my sister refused to let me out in public wearing.

Seriously. I need her to come with me for a consultation.

Please note I think I'd like a pair with pink accents.

Or maybe red.

I swear. It's amazing for someone with a bit of a shoe addiction I am hopeless when it comes to athletic footwear.

But don't worry. I have a completely different pair for Zumba already.

No comments:

Post a Comment