Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Party (and after...)

The weather actually turned out to be beautiful today. After the shower we had some dinner outside.

But I'm getting ahead of myself a little.



Here were the choices for our lunch at the shower, which was quite small and just lovely.

I chose the Penne Primavera. But first I had this...




Some bruschetta - which was nothing to write home about. I have a recipe for a much better version that I'll share soon.



A meatball, which wasn't worth more than a bite and a sesame chicken bite which was much better.



And a mimosa...to get you through the Bridal Bingo.



A nice salad with a yummy house dressing.



And a roll on the side.



The penne - which could have used a little more spice and a little less oil to be honest but I didn't want the chicken and salmon is one of the only types of fish I'm not really fond of.



I'm not a big dessert person, unless ice cream or chocolate is involved. So here's the cake before I took a taste.

And here it is after.




When my mom, sister, sister-in-law and I got back to my parents a few hours later we had ourselves a mini-barbecue including mini burgers..



I had mine with some ketchup and a little spinach underneath.



And a dessert that was also small but worth it. A Chocolate/Chocolate Dove Ice Cream Miniature.

Here's a problem I have. The Dove Miniatures are 60 calories each and 4 grams of fat - but the serving size is 5!!

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

This is why I'm not a huge fan of 100 Calorie Packs either. I feel like you could fall into the trap of overindulging in them.

No real exercise today. I ran 2 miles yesterday so Friday and today will serve as my days off this week. I'll go to the gym tomorrow after work.

I'm staying here tonight, heading back to the city like a commuter on the train tomorrow so my breakfast and lunch will be scavenged out of my parents' fridge.

We'll see what I can find. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment