Thursday, June 25, 2009

Leftovers

Tonight - after Zumba (which was intense. I haven't been in a while - and my instructor stood in front of me and waited until I "stopped looking so Jane Fonda" at one point) I decided to have some leftovers for dinner.

No. Not the quinoa from last night. Good guess though!

The other night I made Shrimp Risotto. And not low fat risotto either. I used a stick of butter - but to be fair it fed 5 people with plenty to spare.

It was a variation of this recipe from Bon Appetit.

Anyway - butter or no - it was really delicious. Tonight I added some roasted asparagus (Trader Joe's Frozen Spears, drizzled with olive oil, salt & pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan and roasted for 20 min at 375).

The picture is pre-asparagus. It was yummy - but not that pretty so I kept it out for the pic.



I'm going to have some dessert now but I can't decide. Maybe just a glass of skim chocolate milk.

Tomorrow my friends and I all took the day off and are heading to the Jersey Shore for the day - then to a concert tomorrow night. It's my first beach day of the summer.

And my first in a size 10 swimsuit since about 1999.

Already it has the potential to be a good day. :)

I'll have a quick beach day post in the morning!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment