Monday, June 29, 2009

(Not so) Manic Monday

For the first 12 or so years of my professional life I commuted about 45 min each way to NYC.

People complain about commuting all the time but I really liked taking the train in the morning. I read a ton (almost 3 books a week) and it was (for the most part)quiet. I got a lot of thinking done.

I thought a lot about things like losing weight and getting my life in order. Sometimes I was successful at one but not the other. This time I'm feeling like I've got both under control - which I have to say is the single best stress reliever there is.

Truly.

Now I take the train some Mondays - if I've been out at my parents for the weekend. (This will occur more often in the summer as they have a pool and most times - my nieces visiting).

Today's ride was smooth and peaceful. I'm re-reading a book that I found in "my" room (a guest bedroom that my mom pretty much decorated and set aside for me) which I'll talk about more later.

It's really a different experience to read chick lit about someone losing a ton of weight and changing their life after you've kind of done it yourself.

Anyway, today's train ride was a great way start to a (blessedly) short week.

This morning I made myself a half a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat. I know. You're on the edges of your seats. :)



My snack and lunch are equally exciting, but I'm going to save them for later.

I don't want to overwhelm you.

No comments:

Post a Comment