Monday, June 29, 2009

Quinoa Redux

Dinner tonight was an encore of the Shrimp/Quinoa combo I made a few nights ago.

Just in case you forgot what it looked like:



It was perfect for when I got back from the gym. I ran today - 2-ish miles for 32 minutes (with a little bit of walking in between).

When did I become this person who decides on her walk home "I think I'll run tonight" ?

When I first started exercising I used to think the longer the workout the better. That might be true when doing moderate exercise. I remember being so excited when I found out that there was one treadmill at my gym that allowed you to use it for 80 minutes instead of 60.

But the truth is I don't want to work out for 80 minutes. Zumba class is an hour and it flies by but that treadmill can be tedious at best - even with the distraction of a TV, iPod and/or magazine.

I've tried the elliptical but I'm not a fan.

I don't know if I'm truly a runner. Right now I think it's just me being antsy and wanting a faster workout. I only end up at about 2 miles when I'm done.

I walk a lot. I average 3+ miles a day just going to and from work. (Take that MTA and your .25 fare hike).

So all in all I think I'm burning plenty of calories. I'm anxious to see what adding the running in with do to my next weigh in - which will be July 7th - the day before I go on vacation to Miami for almost a week.

I'm so close to my next decade down I can taste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment