Saturday, June 27, 2009

Good News/Bad News

Yesterday was all in all a great day. It was fun to have nothing to do but sit on the beach - even if my nose is a little pinker for it.

I didn't have my camera for every moment of the day (and once I missed the opportunity to take of pic of one of the things I ate I sort of gave up) - but I think this can fill in the blanks.

I ate my snacks throughout the day. I had 1 of the cheeses and still have plenty of hummus, pretzels and nuts left over.

Here's a little recap:

We went here...



Point Pleasant Beach

And at some point I ate some of these...



Boardwalk Fries

Then this...



Chocolate Frozen Yogurt - Fat Free - 8 calories/oz.

We showered (kinda - the water in the outdoor showers was reallly cold) got changed and went here for dinner:



And I had this...



Jumbo Peel & Eat Shrimp - (I shared a dozen with friends and had 4)

And these...



Mussels in white wine, garlic and butter.

And a glass or two of this...



Everything? Delicious.

We went here for dessert - and tortured a poor teenager overwhelmed by serving more than 1 customer an hour...



I had a kiddie sized chocolate peanut butter cream ice.


Then we drove through this...



Which was kind scary but when it stopped we saw something like this...



But in the end - we did NOT see this...



Because it started to rain again and there was absolutely no room on the lawn. We did hear them sing 1-2 songs before we gave up.

Anyway - it was much more of a good day than bad. It was fun catching up with friends. Dinner was delicious and worth every calorie. I didn't exercise much but I walked to the train station in the morning lugging my beach bag and chair along (about 1.5 miles) and then walked 12 blocks towards home before giving up and hailing a cab (about another.5)


I gotta say, doing next to nothing all day takes a lot out of you. I was exhausted when I got home.

Or maybe I'm just old.

Be back with breakfast in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment