Thursday, April 8, 2010

Colorful

Some days I'm acutely aware of the fact that I work in a pretty corporate (and I'm gonna say it - boring) enviroment. Case in point. Have you ever seen the movie Picture Perfect? Well today I'm wearing an outfit that looks like Jennifer Aniston's from the scene where she leaves Jay Mohr at her place while she goes out to meet Kevin Bacon. Just a pair of cropped black pants and a white fitted button down shirt. But I'm also wearing red patent leather shoes.

As I walked in the building it was a sea of black, gray, muted pastels and a whole lot of argyle.

What I'm saying is that I stood out.

Last night we did not go to Otto. :( My dad didn't get out until late and food doesn't taste great to him these days. He wants to go there when he's got more of an appetite. So instead we went to a pub around the corner from me and had decent food combined with horrific service.

I ordered the Spinach and Arugula Salad which had red onion, grape tomatoes, Granny Smith apples, cucumbers, bacon and goat cheese. I asked them to put some chicken in it too.

I had to take it all out of the bowl to even eat it. I left at least 2/3 of it on the plate.



This morning I woke up and had a EM w/some butter.



When I got to work I had a half of a frittata I made yesterday (but didn't show you - sneaky huh?) It had asparagus, onion, goat cheese, spinach and leftover Easter ham.



I'm going to meet my friend Maddy for dinner tonight. One thing you might notice I'm NOT doing these days is exercising - at least not at the gym. I'm in a bit of a slump I guess. I've been walking up a storm - nearly 4-5 miles per day and the scale this morning says that 2 of the 3 lbs I gained back have gone away. I'm planning on running on the beach next week on vacation so I think it'll all balance out.

Have a great Thursday. See you at lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment