Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dinner and Drinks

So. I didn't eat lunch today. I had a site inspection at a hotel near my office at 2:30. At 3 they found me a chair to sit at so I could take a conference call. At 4 I met with them again and took some pictures of the space.

At 5-ish I was sitting in Union Square drinking wine and having appetizers. Some guy I met before walked in so I let him sit with me. ;)

We went to Heartland Brewery. I walked into Coffee Shop first but it was too noisy. Before he even got there I ordered the Ginger Chicken Wontons. I hadn't had lunch and was starving.

I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture. They were great though. Just the right amount of ginger.

Then we ordered sliders and wings. I ate 1 slider. They were so so.



I ate 2 wings. We had a few wings left over. He was going to take them home but he left them here so they are now in my fridge.



Oh. I might have had wine too. Times two. :)




Then I went shopping for my ingredients for tomorrow. With company. :) When I went to reach for the disposable muffin tins it was nice to have someone tall get them for me. Though he did watch me suffer for a bit trying to reach them before he offered.

Then we stopped at The Bluebell Cafe for dessert.

We shared chocolate mousse and ice cream. The ice cream is homemade. The chocolate and vanilla were nothing to write home about but the mint chocolate chip was a-mazing. You could taste the fresh mint in every bite.



But the chocolate mousse was far more chocolate-y than the ice cream.



I had suggested coffee but somehow I had another glass of Pinot Grigio. Probably because I don't drink coffee.

All in all not a bad day. :)

Working from home tomorrow. Plan is to go to the gym, get my dress from the tailors, work work work, make stuff with crescent rolls, eat it with friends.

See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment