Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Crazy Day

I could bore you with all the details about fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...the dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Instead I'll just tell you work sucked this morning and better get better ASAP.

But now...here's what I've been eating.

Lunch yesterday - hot dog, oven fries, garlic pickle.



For dinner last night - eaten in class (more on that later) whole wheat pasta, steamed broccoli and asparagus, roasted tomatoes, baked chicken in Ken's Light Romano and Basil, tossed in a bit more dressing.



Breakfast this morning Jim Lahey bread (made last Friday - too much whole wheat flour - must buy more baking stuff soon) with PB.



And because I need to laugh a little I will give you some random ponderings/facts:

1) If you asked I'd tell you Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood are my favorite American Idols - but I have a kind of crush on Chris Daughtry. As a matter of fact he makes the Top 25 Most Played on my iTunes.

2) As does Latest Mistake by Mandy Moore. No judging please.

3) If you can name the origin of the quote in my opening paragraph you are either a movie buff or must be nearly as old as me.

4) I have not really worked out since my surgery. I've walked a lot but haven't run at all. Not to mention gone to ZUMBA!!!! This cannot stand. I miss Ben. :( And Flo Rida. And Shakira. It's bad. I was in a store the other day and That's Not My Name by The Ting Tings came on and I started kickboxing. It's past time to get back to it people.



5) I'm going to attempt a 3 mile run tonight. The weather is gorgeous and I really have no excuses.

6) This also might have to do with the fact that I'm getting weighed tomorrow. :)

7) I cannot watch Real Housewives of NJ the same way anymore knowing Teresa has no money. I kept expecting to see this giant yard sale and her kids crying as they pack up their clothes and cart them all away.

8) Speaking of Real Housewives, Danielle from NJ could give Kelly from NY crazy lessons and that is saying a TON.

9) It's two and I haven't eaten yet.

10) I didn't bring chocolate to work and I don't think I even have a quarter to get dark chocolate almonds from the machine in the kitchen. Travesty!

Alrighty. With that - I'll be back later when I will also post the first draft of my Food Writing article for your perusal/dissection. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey hey! That hot dog picture just made me CRAVE BBQ!!! I might have to hook it up tonight. Loved the random facts and I am with you on the American Idols!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot judge, as I too have experienced the shame of Mandy Moore, a la a song from Center Stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi jocie! I cannot resist hot dogs in the summer. That one actually is a fat free one and it tastes pretty good. I cannot wait to see the rest of your wedding recap. I saw you updated yesterday but didn't get a chance to really look.

    FF - that might not be the only Mandy Moore song on my iTunes. Just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete