Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend



I love hydrangeas. My mom has 3 of them growing in the front and back yard. I actually took a big bunch home with me today too. Yay for summer and flowers!!

I feel like I've been running around a lot lately. As a result - I have been unplugging a bit on the weekends. I apologize for the lack of posts but I'm thinking...particularly for the summer...this might be a growing trend.

Not that I don't love you - I do. I just love being out and about more than behind my computer. :)

Thursday I went for a 3 mile run - the first in ages.

Friday I went into the office and ate a turkey sandwich with fake french fries.





They were not very good.

Then I took my dad out to dinner at Wild Fig. He had lentil soup and a Greek salad. I had hummus and chicken and shrimp kabobs with rice.





Both delicious. I saved one of those pitas and the leftover hummus. Jen and I ate it last night.

Late Friday Dave came out to LI as well. I made scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast both Saturday and Sunday.



And burgers and hot dogs for lunch (only the burgers got a picture - sorry!).



They were awesome - if I do say so myself.

Dinner was sausage and pepper heros from the Fire Dept Fair around the block from my parents. So delicious I forgot to photograph them!!

Sunday my mom and Jen came back from Florida. We went to the American Cafe for lunch to celebrate Father's Day. I had the Grilled Chicken + Goat Cheese + Pesto sandwich. I asked for potato salad - they gave me fries.



So I had to eat them. I ate the other half of this sandwich for lunch today.

Dinner was BBQ chicken over salad, corn on the cob and ice box cake for Jen's birthday. I set the table all pretty.









Did you ever make ice box cake?? You need to. All it is is fresh whipped cream and chocolate wafers. I may have eaten two covered in whipped cream while assembling. :)







I put two rows side by side because I didn't have a platter long enough. Works just fine!



This morning it was peanut butter on an EM and about a 2 mile walk with my mom.

UGH. This post took forever to upload today. Some of the pictures would not cooperate. I'm tired, headachy and a little bit grumpy tonight so I'll see you later.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, so Dave has met the parents and he spent the weekend with you and your family. Hmmmm.


    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and sister were away so just me and my dad for the most part but yes. He has.

    Angela - I love how I had like 4 days worth of food and this is your focus. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to mention CHOCOLATE AND WHIPPED CREAM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I can't help it. It's so cute!! And I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete