Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Finally

I had one glass of wine with Patti after work, braved the subway and the rain and headed home. A pot of tomato sauce later (with defrosted turkey meatballs) and all is righter with the world.

More or less.

I'm going to show you the carbo loading, comfort fooding fiesta that has transpired in the last two days.

Lunch yesterday, egg casserole + ricotta + spinach



Dinner last night (after the myriad nibbles and bites and handfuls) goat cheese roasted red pepper ravioli topped with spinach, caramelized (or crispy) onions and red bell pepper.



Breakfast this AM, homemade bread w/a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb




Lunch - pasta salad with some spinach tossed in.



Dinner tonight (after handfuls of pretzels) spaghetti and turkey meatballs (made by my Dad).



I'm stuffed to the gills and really looking forward to looking at the back of my eyelids soon.

OH!

With all my wallowing in self pity I completely forgot to mention that I had some interesting encounters on my way to work this morning (the day started SO well - it just ended up crappy).

First - in Madison Square Park I saw this girl....



and this guy (who..um...I might have mentioned here before)..




...filming a movie based on this book - which I also really loved. I'm such a sucker for Chick Lit. And I adored Ginnifer in He's Just Not That Into You.

The other guy is OK too. He does alright on some sitcom. ;)

And then outside the Carlton Hotel I saw a line of women looking to be cast on this woman's show...



Can you even believe it??? All within about 6 blocks of my apartment. I really truly love this city. The day had such potential but now I'm just happy to see it go.

Goodnight dear bloggy ones. See you in the AM.

PS: I really truly would love some feedback on my first article for class. If you don't want to comment here please feel free to email at singleserving[dot]km@gmail[dot]com.

2 comments:

  1. I love Emily Giffin's books too. I just did a review of her newest book on my site.

    And I adore John Krasinski. He is so freaking adorable - like in a Jason Bateman way.

    But I must know about this egg casserole. Tell me about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I have to read your review. And PS: I love the new site!!! It's awesome! I've been there just been a bad commenter.

    I am slightly afraid to discuss my love for John Krasinski in more detail here.

    And please. Don't get me started on Jason Bateman.

    The egg casserole is easy. It basically comes from me being lazy. This one was about 3 eggs (or maybe 2 whole + 2 whites I forget) + a splash of heavy cream S&P, whisk and pour into a greased casserole dish. Add 2 pieces of crumbled bacon, goat cheese and some baby spinach. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

    I like to bring leftovers to work with some more spinach and a spoonful of ricotta. I heat up the egg for 30 seconds in the microwave. The cheese acts like a dressing almost. It's one of my favorite things at a restaurant I've gone to for brunch in NYC.

    ReplyDelete