Wednesday, December 16, 2009

After the attack

I don't know what this thing is that I keep getting periodically. I'm very rarely sick so I don't deal with it all that well. Basically I get this sort of crampy feeling like right where my diaphram would be - kind of like I have a belt on too tight or something. It lasts anywhere from 10 min to a half an hour and then goes away. I have no idea what causes it. It happens a little bit after I've eaten usually but I've eaten different things each time. Anyway - it's annoying and I can't seem to pinpoint when or if it'll happen. I can go months and weeks. The first time was in July - the last time was September.

So weird.

I'm making an appointment for a physical today and will ask about it. Anyone else get something like this? My friends and I diagnosed it as a possible gallbladder thing.

At least that's what it sounds like when I look at WebMD.

It doesn't make me particularly nauseated or anything though. Strange.

Regardless - I feel much better now so that's something. I'll definitely follow up about it though because it's getting super annoying.

Breakfast was this...



Lunch is another salad.

Dinner is at a steakhouse with colleagues from work.

It's sure to be exciting. ;) Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Catching up..."gallbladder" was the first thing that came to mind for me as well. I haven't had a gallbladder attack yet (that I've recognized as such, anyway), but I'm on borrowed time. My mother and sisters both had theirs out.

    One sister thought she was having a heart attack and one was actually taken from work in an ambulance. Extreme! It can take a while for doctors to come around to the gallbladder, too, for some reason. (Of course by this point you may have already figured out the problem...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet. I'm going to go to the doctor after the new year and am going to ask about it and see what they say. It's not so frequent - but it's definitely not normal either I'm thinking!!

    ReplyDelete