Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Spaghetti with Sweet Potatoes

I used to get Real Simple magazine but since I traveled so much for work I have limited my subscriptions lately. My mom still gets it though - and I snagged a copy this weekend.

There's a feature on a month's worth of recipies and there was one for a pasta dish that looked promising. I had a sweet potato that was sitting lonely on my counter begging to be used.

Tonight was the night.




You can find the full recipe here. I substituted onion for the shallots and Italian Seasoning and Crushed Red Pepper for the rosemary.

Me and rosemary? We're not friends.

Here are the cast of characters:



I chopped up the potatoes and onion and then followed the recipe.

I cooked the potatoes first...



Then added the onions...



Then the pasta and parmesan and ricotta and voila!!



It was really yummy. The Italian Seasoning worked great and the red pepper gave it just enough of a kick. I highly recommend.

Posting may be sporadic for the next few days. I'm going away from work.

Again the obstacles of food blogging. How do you explain your camera at a dinner with people you work with yet have never met?

I guess - you just do. I've done it before and it's getting less awkward but still.

I was a multi-tasking machine but now I've hit a lull. Earlier I put a load of laundry on then ran to the gym and did 2.5 miles (4 min warm up incline walking on the random program level 20 starting at 3.8 and moving to 4.2 then 10 minutes from 4.2-4.6. Running then for 14 min from 5.8-6.4 with a 4 min cool down. I like it when I mix it up like that). 32 minutes later I was back and put the clothes in the dryer then went home and took a shower. After I folded the laundry I started dinner. Now I need to put my winter quilt on my bed, pack (I might try and carry on - wish me luck!) and possibly decorate a little for Christmas.

I gotta get back to it.

See ya later.

PS: I've packed my suitcase and it's official. Thinner people are able to carry on more easily than heavier people. There is no way in hell 58-ish lbs ago I wouldn't need 300 options in case I hated what I looked like in something. Score another one for losing weight!!

PPS: Holy crap. Some of the people on The Biggest Loser have lost more than 3 people's worth of weight. Insanity.

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh - I totally have that magazine and was looking at that recipe - I think I will try it!

    And yeah - The Biggest Loser was INSANE tonight. I was getting all choked up, of course. They look amazing. Pretty unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combination! Will have to try it soon...

    ReplyDelete