Sunday, December 20, 2009

Wrap Up



Greetings from snow covered Long Island!! Sorry to be MIA. I had two pretty busy days. I was baking and wrapping presents all day today. It was a lot of work but I think we're mostly done now. I just need some of the things I ordered to get here and then I'll truly be finished.

Let's backtrack a little though.

Saturday I went to Zumba and then promptly went to 5 Napkin Burger for lunch. I did walk all the way there (and then to the train station about 30 blocks total) with an overstuffed duffle bag but in the end I think I ate back all the calories I burned off.

It was worth it though.



Due to my rosemary aversion I skipped the aioli.



The place was decorted all festive for the holidays.



Cort and I also shared some yummy homemade pickles.



I made it to Penn Station and the 2:28. It had just started to snow by the time I got to my parents. It was a lazy afternoon. Eventually I had dinner. A bowl of my dad's homemade chicken soup. It is fabulous.



Coming next is a cookie tour but first what I ate today.

Cheesy eggs and bacon for breakfast.



A ham and swiss on whole wheat with honey mustard for lunch.



Salad and pasta with meat sauce for dinner - with breadsticks made by Jen.





My plates...




And now - onto the sweet stuff. All day today I baked up a storm.





Action shot!





One day I'll own one of these mixers myself. One day.

Last night I made the easy stuff. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip.



For the oatmeal I just use the recipe on the canister - subbing chocolate chips for the raisins.

For the record, I feel the same way about raisins that I do about rosemary.







I made shortbread but it was very crumbly and disintegrated when I tried to take it from the pan. I think the butter was too warm maybe.



I got this new pan that I was really excited about but the jury is still out. It made sugar cookies in Christmas shapes but they are so much thicker than your standard cookie.







The ones that are decorated are the shortbread cookies I managed to cut out without them falling apart. I have to decorate the sugar cookies tomorrow. I also have some sugar cookie dough in the fridge that I might cut out tomorrow. We'll see.

I also made Chocolate Crinkle cookies - which I think I messed up. I think I used baking soda when I should have used powder but they taste ok.



And Peanut Butter Blossoms...



And Almond Snowballs...



And that leads us to now, where I'm nursing a slight headache and pretty much exhausted. It's a good exhausted though. I'm feeling very accomplished.

Tomorrow is work followed by some shopping with Jen. I'm going to have to find time to work out somewhere in there because I'm feeling kind of sluggish and full of sugar based on the taste testing I did today.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment