Friday, December 4, 2009

A happy/sad day



Note: this is what the table looks like when you share lunch with a 2 year old and a 5 year old.

Thanks to all for the good thoughts. Please know they are very much appreciated. Yesterday was sad - I'll miss my grandma - but also happy as we celebrated my mom's birthday too. It's fitting - I think - to celebrate someone's life while remembering someone else's life too.

It sounds convoluted when I say it like that but you know what I mean!

I went to the gym quick before I headed out to a hectic trip to Long Island. I did 10 min of incline walking - starting at 3.8 and ending at 4.6 on a level 15 and then ran for the last ten. It felt good to do something active.

When I look back on what I've been eating it's no wonder I've gained a pound. M and I had a conversation at my last appointment and we basically decided that I should maybe just try to NOT gain any weight during December and get back to business in January. I have a feeling that taking that pressure off might help a lot (ie - I'll probably end up losing anyway) - so that's my plan.

Things like this - however - are not going to help much!!

At around 2 PM I met my mom, Jen, Matt, Maddie and Ellie for lunch at The St. James.

I had 3/4 of a classic burger (mozzarella and sauteed onions - but no mushrooms)



And about a half of one of Ellie's chicken fingers + a bite of chocolate chip pie w/whipped cream.

Dinner was at Baci.




My favorite thing about Baci is their 'pizza bread'. It's tomato and onion foccacia and it's...well...I had 3 pieces so...



We also had some fried zucchini.



I had the Insalata Angelica which had shrimp, asparagus, mixed greens, green beans and ricotta salata. So huge - I ate about half the greens and all the shrimp in the end.



And a few bites of pasta.



My mom loved her gifts - and loved having us for lunch. My dad seems to be doing well - he's very focused on what we're eating on Monday after the funeral - which is so like him. I didn't see my grandmother often but I always knew she was there. In a sea of grandchildren (she has over 20) she always knew who I was and what I was doing - up until the last time I talked to her a few weeks ago. But I truly believe she's in a better place now. Living a long life is a good thing - but only while you are still feeling well. Once that stops - I think it's just time to go.

Today is another crazy day. We have a big webcast this afternoon and I'm in the studio right now. I packed a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast but decided to keep it for lunch and ran to the cafe for a bagel. I was hungry. I already ate the first half before I took this picture. :)



Pray for me tomorrow. My choral group will be performing in Times Square.

In the SNOW.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christamas?

No comments:

Post a Comment