Sunday, March 7, 2010

Birthdays and Breakfasts

To celebrate Patti's birthday we went to Otto last night.

This is what time I got home.



This is what I had for breakfast this morning.



I don't care if you think I'm a freak. PB and bacon is delish.

But let's talk about last night shall we?

Otto is amazing and delicious.

The place looks like a train station. When you wait for your table you get a 'ticket' and then your station name shows up on a board - exactly like the ones you see in a waiting room.



We were tucked in a little corner surrounded by wine.





They gave us some Prosecco for a toast.



We shared some cheeses and I ordered some spicy shrimp and chickpeas.





Arugula salad



Prosciutto



My pizza - goat cheese and baslamic onion (I just ate the other half for lunch!)


Wine for everyone!

A red table wine, some Pinot Grigio and some more Prosecco at dessert time!





Also for dessert: Peppermint tea.






Three kinds of gelato. Dark Chocolate, Salty Peanut and Guinness.




I don't know why I got the Guinness. I don't like beer. :-/ I guess the fact that I didn't mind it when I took a sip recently made me think I'd enjoy it? Or maybe it was Cortney egging me on.

Actually - it kept me from eating a whole bowl of gelato so there's that.

Then we went up the block to 8th St Wine Cellar - where I was sad I didn't have room for my favorite figs and bacon. :(

And I sadly don't have any pictures but let's just say we were there till last call.

It was quite a night. I actually only had 2 glasses there before I switched to Diet Coke.

And honestly, when it's that late there's only one place to go - so we did and I got....a small fry.



My friend Kristen also bought a meal for the homeless man we passed on our way. He was very appreciative. It was quite comical - all of us deciding what or order...

"Does the homeless guy want McNuggets do you think? What about a Big Mac? What kind of soda?"

I still stand by my assertion that if I were homeless I would rather a regular Coke than a Diet. :)

Sorry. This entry took way too long to post. I'm moving slowly as it is - but I also inherited Jen's old MacBook and I'm having trouble figuring it all out.

I think my leftover enchilada will be dinner tonight - so I don't think it'll be too exciting. If I change my mind I'll be back. If not - please enjoy what is left of your Sunday!

I've got to go get into my ball gown so I can catch the Oscar's Red Carpet. :) Not really but I sort of wish I were!

No comments:

Post a Comment