Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Do over

I'm here to ask for a do over. I solemnly swear to get back to being a good blogger, to posting throughout the day, to giving you recipes and restaurant 'reviews' instead of just pictures.

I'd also like CC Sabathia to snap the hell out of it.

Sorry. I'm a mess lately. I'm mixing stuff up here again.

Anyway...as I've mentioned things are wacky and work is c-razy these days. I want to blog but I can't at work and I get home and I'm simply exhausted.

So. Let me tell you about how I made that pasta. Then I'll tell you about what I've eaten for the past few days. By the time I'm finished we'll be all up to date and I can start fresh tomorrow morning.

Deal?

OK then.

Recently I've been having a craving for something a la Vodka and I've wanted to try PW's Penne a la Besty forever. She took much prettier pics and has the printable recipe. I usually make Rachael Ray's You Won't Be Single For Long Vodka Cream Pasta.

Dear Rach,

I've made this recipe like 5 or 6 times.

I'm still single.

I want my money back.

Love,
Krissy


I wanted something new and yay for shrimp so I tried PW's version. Basically I followed her recipe but then realized....

THERE'S NO VODKA IN IT.

So my take had vodka AND white wine (just added the vodka too when she says to add wine), much less heavy cream and a pinch of crushed red pepper as well.

I pared it down for just me and made too much even then.

It was heavenly. I highly recommend.

Other news:

I weighed in today and I lost a pound. I am now in a new decade. I'm 9 lbs away from my goal.

NINE POUNDS.

I bought a size 8 pair of pants. They are stretchy but they have a button and a zipper and they are a size 8.

SIZE EIGHT.

It's been a year. I'm almost at goal but I'm so much smaller it's really mindboggling. I tried on a dress yesterday I wore to an event in February. I thought I looked great then. It is hanging off of me now.

CRAZINESS.

Now. Onto the food. If there's anything besides a boring peanut butter sandwich I'll give you breakfast pics.

Monday's dinner was this:



Leftover Drunken Pasta

I did 40 min at the gym incline walking and running for 10 min.

Yesterday I was a delinquent who took almost zero pictures. It was a rough, rough day. I went to rehearsal - walked about 8.2 miles over the course of the day. I had this for lunch:



Roasted chicken breast, brie, spinach, red bell pepper, honey mustard on a rye sandwich thin

Dinner was meat loaf on a rye sandwich thin. I ate it stealthly during warm up so - no pictures.

Today I had this for breakfast. I was at home for the morning, woke up at 7 and made a frittata.











Broccoli, Cheddar, 1 slice of bacon, 1 whole egg and about 1/8 cup of egg whites, salt and pepper. Baked in a lightly greased casserole dish for 35 min. Served over spinach.

I ran for 20 min, walked 10 at the gym, ending up at about 2.5 miles.

I have half my lunch leftover so I'll show you that tomorrow.

Dinner was a half a TJ's Pesto Flatbread with a little extra roasted tomato, fresh mozzarella topping.





So there we are. All caught up (kinda! I owe you tales of La Fonda del Sol). I promise I'll make a better effort going forward.

Also, no marathon for me - but it looks like I'm doing another 5K in a few weeks. Stay tuned.

I'll be back tomorrow. It's another busy day and I'll go to Zumba at night. I missed it last week.

Until next time have a lovely night.

GO YANKS! (There's still some time. I'm not giving up yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment