Wednesday, October 7, 2009

For the win




So. My body is NOT HAPPY with me. I went to the gym today - I alternated 5 min incline walking (increasing from 3.8 to 4.0, 4.2 ending at 4.4) with 5 min of running for 55 minutes. My face was red and I was dripping with sweat when all was said and done.

Note to self - 3 days is too long to be away from the gym or walking in excess of 3 miles on the streets of Manhattan.

Tonight I made some teriyaki noodles and watched the Yankees win. (Woo Hoo!!!)



Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken tenders - diced (I have one small one left over for my salad tomorrow)
1/4 cup chopped onion (some of the onion is being put in the salad too)
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper
5 tbsp teriyaki
2 cups cooked thin spaghetti
1 cup broccoli florets


Bring water to a boil - put pasta on for 8 min. When there is 30 seconds to go throw broccoli in.





Oh Trader Joe's. I might never buy fresh broccoli again.

Sautee chicken and onion in olive oil on med-high heat.



Add the peppers to the chicken, then the crushed red pepper and teriyaki sauce.



Drain pasta and broccoli - put back in pot. Toss together.




Serve.



(Saved some for leftovers)

Throughout the day I've also had a handful of nuts/chocolate edamame, one more of those damn cookies, and the end of a bag of low fat pita chips (there was maybe 1/3 of a cup - all crushed pieces) and 2 squares Sea Salt chocolate for dessert.

There. Now you know EVERYTHING. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to copy that great recipe into a Word doc so I can print it out. Naturally it will say "From Krissy's Blog" or some such thing at the top. You're like my own personal Rachel Ray, but more real. (Er...nothing against RR, but you *are* more real.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Success. I was able to get the entire recipe with six pictures onto one page. It looks lovely. It's entitled: "From Krissy's Blog - Chicken Teriyaki Pasta w/Broccoli." :)

    ReplyDelete