Saturday, October 31, 2009

Have some cheese with that W(h)ine

My job in general is full of stressful situations. The work of meeting planning is more organization than anything else but it's definitely heavily customer service based. This means I'm the one people freak out on if the hotel makes a mistake entering a reservation or they get out early and expect a car ordered for a half hour later to miraculously appear just because they are ready NOW.

So yesterday...I was just saying to my friend Annie at 4:15 or so..."Do you think it's safe for me to run to the store now?" I found out it wasn't.

Famous last words.

In the span of the next 15 min I was trying to find 2 people in San Francisco and a van for a group of people in Chicago resulting in me putting my cute little niece on hold when she was just calling to thank me for her Halloween gift.

Maddie I'm sorry. I'm glad you liked your socks.

This was one of those weeks. I feel like I did the best I could under the circumstances but still wind up feeling like I didn't do it quite as well as I could. The upside of that though is that it was great week for me virtual meetings-wise. I did a lot of things I've not done before on my own and felt confident about it.

I'm just thankful I have a job at all but after weeks like this one I am full of wondering what else I could do. Someday I hope I can figure that out.

Really Food Network...don't you need someone to plan events for you???

I have pesto sauce in my fridge that I need to use soon but it seems I was incapable of actually going out to purchase the tortellini I wanted to cook to go with it. Maybe tomorrow I'll finally make it. Besides - I'm a little pasta'd out.

I ended up having this at around 5 o'clock.



Around 7-7:30 I made myself an easy, steamy dinner. Steamed dumplings, shrimp and broccoli w/teriyaki sauce + a little crushed red pepper for spice.



and then took another piece of that poor bunny's face...



I took 2 Simply Sleep and crashed at about 8:30-8:45 and slept till nearly 7. It was just what I needed.

I'm planning to head to Zumba this morning and made myself a little egg sandwich to start the day. 1 egg, 1 slice of bacon, 1 oz of cheddar, 1 whole wheat EM.



After Zumba I'll come home and veg for a bit and then head uptown for some Halloween festivities. I am not really into this holiday and my costume is pretty simple but it should be fun. This time of year I miss my old suburban apartment though - virtually no kids live in my building. I'll pick up some candy on the way home just in case.

Candy I won't be too tempted to eat!

It'll also be fun to be out and watch the World Series tonight. I haven't watched a game in public in quite some time.

Of course it'll be even more fun if we win. :)

Until later - Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment