Saturday, October 3, 2009

Proof I watch too much Reality TV

So today I went to yoga - it's the last class of my 3 introductory classes at the place and I do plan to go back. I wish I could take the absolute beginner course because I hate feeling like I'm doing everything wrong. I think letting go is part of yoga and I'm so caught up in making sure I don't look like an ass I'm not getting all the benefits.

I think I just have to keep at it.

ANY-WAY -The theme today was all about giving to make room to receive - which is one of the things I really do enjoy about yoga. I'm a big believer in that kind of stuff. So at the start of class we do a little chanting - not too much - and today we chanted to Lakshmi - the goddess of generosity.

And all I could think of was Padma and Top Chef.

Really. I'm not normal.

Before I went I had some breakfast - one egg, one slice of bacon, one ounce of cheddar chopped up and mixed in. Leftover potaters from last night and a whole wheat English.



I went to the gym and ran for 20 minutes after yoga - since I know for a fact that exercise is out tomorrow. I'm getting ready to head out to my reunion tonight (!!!) I'm sure they'll be plenty to report back tomorrow.

I snacked on this just now. I can't think of what to have for lunch. I'll pick something up at the train station I think.



I am going to write a bigger post about this soon - but I was one of those people who always thought that losing weight would be like a magical key to everything else in the world that I wanted. I know that's completely untrue but I'll tell you this. I'm sure of the panic attack I'd have had going to the reunion had it been at this time LAST year.

I'm not as thin as I was when I was 14 - I don't think I ever will be again - but I'm also not 60 lbs heavier.

And that's a very good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and well done! That breakfast looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very sweet. Thank you!! And it was!! So simple but so good.

    ReplyDelete