Monday, October 26, 2009

Mmmmm Meatloaf (& other stuff)



After a week of suck three good things happened yesterday. I caught up on some TV and went shopping with my mom, the Yankess won the AL Pennant and my dad made meatloaf.

I'm not sure what order to put them in but there you go.



My family is mostly Irish. Our meatloaf has no tomato sauce or anything - just a mix of ground beef and pork, breadcrumbs and onion-y goodness and a few spices, sliced thinly.

Here you have some carrots and green beans, a half a biscuit, creamed corn, mashed potatoes and meatloaf. I had one more slice and one more spoonful of potatoes before all was said and done.

Then for lunch today - a meatloaf sandwich.



with a side of baked BBQ chips.

The world is on my last nerve today so after my 4 PM conference call I'm going to walk home and then run some on the treadmill.

But first - I havet to throw out those rotten bananas that are sitting on top of my fridge since Wed last week.

Yikes.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your uncle! Glad you were able to be with family, though.

    Also, I have to think that if the same thing occurred a bit over a year ago, you would have been comfort-eating and wouldn't have gotten a lick of exercise.

    It doesn't make a loss any easier, but I think it shows how far you've come that even in troubled times you're watching your health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kev. You're absolutely right. I would not have. I'd have used the whole thing as an excuse to behave badly and would only end up feeling worse.

    ReplyDelete