Tuesday, October 6, 2009

In which I watch The Biggest Loser whilst eating a peanut butter cup cookie

I gotta get those things out of the house. I thought instead I'd put them in the freezer but that didn't work so much. Because, as I have just found out, they don't really freeze solid and you can eat them right away.

Sigh.

I did not go to the gym today. I worked late - blew off chorus and got home and just didn't wanna. Honestly? 99.9% of the time I don't go to the gym at night because I do not want to take another shower. I'm ridiculous.

I am working from home tomorrow and will DEFINITELY go to the gym. I just won't shower at all till after!!!

I'm headed to the NYC Food and Wine Festival on Thursday. I have to get some workouts in before that FOR SURE.

Any-way...let me fill you in on my day. Peanut butter cup cookies aside - I think I did ok.

Breakfast - the standard. Can you imagine a whole wheat English muffin w/peanut butter? Do you need me to load an old picture since I was so hungry this AM I forgot to take one? No? Ok then. :)

Lunch - the BEST salad ever. Really. So yummy. Bad pic - but such a good salad.



OK - here I have to explain how I'm such a weirdo. I woke up this morning at about 7 AM. And I got out of bed - sliced a piece of onion and put a large chicken tender in a baking dish w/the onion on top. Then I roasted it for about 30 minutes. I used half of it in the salad. Along with - the roasted onion, orange bell pepper, 1 slice of pepperjack cheese and roasted tomatoes. With Honey BBQ sauce for dressing.

Came home from work and had some pretzels and cheddar cheese.



Dinner was asparagus risotto w/shrimp.

I took 6 frozen shrimp and sauteed it in olive oil and garlic. I put it to the side for a bit.



Then I took this bag that I bought from my friend Joe.



I prepared it per the package directions.



Sidenote to people who are places without Trader Joe's - I really feel bad for you. I'm so sorry.

And here's the finished product. It tastes much better than it looks. I still have half left over.



And then there was the cookie. Which I won't post here because I'm trying to forget I ate it!!!

So there you have it. I went out on Saturday and spent the day at wineries on Sunday. I've taken Monday and Tuesday to rest. It's back to business tomorrow.

You heard it here first. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha - this post made me chuckle. I hear you about the shower thing. I didn't go tonight either, but I did like a double workout yesterday and will go tomorrow, so I am not beating myself up too much.

    Also - sometimes my fiance, who is English, and I talk about if we ever move to England and I am totally down for it except for two things, the likes of which I cannot imagine without: Target and Trader Joes. Oh help me Rhonda....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait this long again. It was really tough today. I made myself stay extra long as punishment. I really thought I'd pass out at one point.

    Yeah...that would be tough. They might be opening another much bigger one right near me YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By another one - I mean TJs. Target sadly has not made it to Manhattan yet. Can you believe it??

    ReplyDelete