Friday, October 9, 2009

NYC Food and Wine Festival: Chelsea Market After Dark



So last night my sister, Jen and my friend Patti and I made our way to 9th Ave and went to Chelsea Market After Dark - the kick-off to the NYC Food and Wine Festival. A good time was had by all.

We started off at the bar - where they were serving rum and Coke. Soft drinks were all in these really cool mini aluminum bottles.



Pretty centerpieces - the whole place smelled lovely.



The first main event space featured Sandra Lee. She was giving out and signing her cocktail book.



Jen, Sandra and me



I am not a huge fan of her show but she was very, very sweet. Even sweeter - we caught a glimpse of Tyler Florence when he came by to say hi to her.

Then we got a glass of some Sauvignon Blanc and some sparkling sake - which we both decided tasted like Zima.



Then we stopped by another event space where we met this guy.






(note to Jocie - I didn't see your comment until this morning so I didn't get a chance to tell him about you! Sorry!!)

They were giving out temporary tattoos and Guy signed some guy's face (where he put the tattoo) with a Sharpie. I don't know exactly what you do with that but okay!

After that - we finally ate!!

A very blurry bacon wrapped scallop:



Some delicious chili from Dickson's Farmstand Meats



Two chowders from The Lobster Place - Lobster Bisque and Scallop and Bacon Chowder:



I didn't like the bisque at all - I took one taste and it was very fishy - but the chowder was yummy.

A highlight of my night - the woman working the wine station near where Buonitalia was serving pasta. She watched me struggle with taking a pic and helped me find better light while exclaiming "She's a foodie - gotta help her get a good shot".



Still not perfect but MUCH better than my original attempts.

More wine...



And cheese from Chelsea Market Baskets...





Pumpkin Guy!!



Then it was time for dessert - Jacques Torres chocolates. He was there - and funny! I didn't get a picture of him though. :( Just the chocolates.



Fat Witch Brownies - that seemed a little dry to me. I like fudgier ones. My dad makes the best brownies ever.



Cute cookies at Eleni's



All in all it was a great night. I'd highly recommend the event - esp if you are a Food Network freak. There was great access to Food Network personalities - we also saw Melissa D'Arabian, Aida Mollenkamp, Aaron McCargo Jr. and Bob Tuschman, the head of Programming. The whole event was extremely well organized - and this is coming from an event planner.

Back home - not gonna lie - I took off my shoes and immediately watched The Office. I felt like I attended the reception before the wedding.

I can't help it. I really do love that show.

Today's meals - coming up. I just wanted to get this posted first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment