Saturday, October 17, 2009

Just got paid. Friday night...

You can tell it's pay day because I was in a million different places last night!

We started fairly civilized at the 8th Street Wine Cellar. So, so good.

I started with a glass of Vermentino. Or maybe we then got 2 bottles for the table.



The menu was full of small plates.



Sliders, both yellowfin tuna and sirloin



Pigs in a blanket



Shrimp and Chorizo



Figs and bacon and marscapone. The best thing I've ever eaten in my life quite possibly.



A note here. Please remind me not to do this again NEXT Friday night when I have to weigh in on Wednesday. The answer to why I didn't lose more could be seen in this post. I'm just realizing the debauchery as I'm recounting it here. Luckily I have over a week to repair the damage!

My plate.



We moved on to Rare on Bleeker. Where we did not have burgers.



But we had some more of this.



Then we went to this dive called The Grisly Pear where there was karaoke. I may have sung something while drinking this.



Then we headed uptown to Rolf's this German restaurant near my apartment that is crazily decorated for each season. You should see it at Christmas - it's insanity.

Actually - here it is at Christmas.





This is the greatest sign ever. I wonder what facilitated this warning?



And at two in the morning - I ended up here where I did indeed have a small fry.



And took pictures of my friend's Happy Meal toy.



'Cause I'm really five.

It was a great night - one that I needed since - when I am watching my money - I tend to become a recluse.

Today I'm heading home to LI to have dinner with my HS friends. Rumor has it I'm making lasagna for dinner tomorrow so look for that recipe soon.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment